Start date: 20 January 2021
Duration: 9.30am-12.30pm, 2 x dates per month from January 20th - September15 2021 (16 dates total)
Location: Zoom Online
Certificate: ILM Level 4 Diploma (equivalent to QQI Level 6)
Cost: Members €1488 (40%), Non-Members €1984 (20%). (Full Cost €2,480). Payable in installments
Book Now: Click Here
The Diploma in Team Leader - Stepping up to Management programme is designed to enable new or first-time supervisors to develop the knowledge and skills to enter management roles. The program has a strong focus on leadership, improving efficiency and effectiveness and will help managers improve employee productivity and business performance.
Attendees will undertake the Harrison Assessment (20 mins online) with 1 x feedback session and 1 x coaching session. As part of Module 1, attendees will be mentored by a programme tutor and will develop a Personal Development Plan to work on throughout the programme. All attendees will have access to an e-learning portal for all online modules plus all handouts and slides for all workshops.
This course will be delivered completely through web-based learning and workshops through Zoom. Coaching and mentoring will also be done through Zoom. Throughout the duration of the programme, attendees will have access to tutor support through email, group chats and 1-1 sessions with their coach/mentor.
New to the course is the Digital Marketing module, participants will get an overview of corporate communications in the Digital Age. The need to build a company brand and empower staff as advocates is now a key role for leaders and managers in organisations. From reputation management to sales and marketing, crisis communications and authority content, this module will provide you with a thorough understanding of how to leverage digital communications for maximum business results.
Assessment: Written assignment 2500 words for each module, applying theory in course work to the attendees' work context. Final presentation based on experience and learning to be presented on final day of programme. NOTE: assignments are optional, certificate of completion can be issued in lieu of ILM certification.
Training Cancellation Policy: Registrants who cancel over 14 days in advance of scheduled training date shall incur no cancellation fee. Registrants who cancel within 14 days of scheduled training date shall incur a cancellation fee equal to 50% of the cost. Registrants who cancel within 24 hours or fail to attend training will be charged 100% of the full fee.
To enable new or first-time supervisors to develop the knowledge and skills to enter management roles. The course has a strong focus on leadership, improving efficiency and effectiveness and will help managers improve employee productivity and business performance.
Who is the course for
You will be aspiring to or working in a supervisor / junior management role with ambition to move into a more senior position. You may have no format qualification in leadership or management but you have a good standard of education and business experience. You are eager to learn and grow personally and professionally. You are fully aware of the commitment required to make this a success for you.
- Module 1 January 20th & 27th: Managing Personal Development
- Module 2 February 10th & 24th: Digital Marketing – Corporate Communications in the Digital Age (Joanne Sweeney)
- Module 3 March 10th & 24th: Understanding how to Establish an Effective Team
- Module 4 April 7th & 21st: Developing your Leadership Styles
- Module 5 May 5th & 19th: Management communication
- Module 6 June 2nd & 16th: Managing Meetings (including virtual meetings)
- Module 7 July 7th & 21st: Assessing your own Leadership Capability and Performance
- Module 8 September 1st & 15th:Managing Individual Development
- Chris McDonagh, Senior Partner and Business Consultant with CMD Group is a much sought-after trainer and speaker in Ireland and the UK.
- His motivation and enthusiasm together with his high energy level brings life to a classroom and energises the learners. His real-life experiences coupled with his thorough knowledge of the subject matter ensures all learners will gain an abundance of skills that will transfer to the workplace.
- For the past 25 years he has built up a very successful training business in Ireland and the UK. His ability to reach out to everyone regardless of their position or status makes him a trainer of choice. Chris is a Director of the International Federation of Training & Development Organisations and represents Europe on the Board.