Start date: 07 October 2021
Duration: Dates TBC 10.00am-1.00pm
Location: Zoom Online
Certificate: Certificate of Completion
Cost: Skillnet Investment €75pp
Book Now: Click Here
This workshop is designed to help participants overcome many of the supervisory problems they will encounter in their first few weeks as a boss. Dealing with the many problems a new supervisor encounters isn’t easy, but it doesn’t have to lead to discouragement.
Training Cancellation Policy: Registrants who cancel over 14 days in advance of scheduled training date shall incur no cancellation fee. Registrants who cancel within 14 days of scheduled training date shall incur a cancellation fee equal to 50% of the cost. Registrants who cancel within 24 hours or fail to attend training will be charged 100% of the full fee.
- Clarify roles and responsibilities of the new job.
- Adjust to the new role with confidence and an assurance you can handle the position.
- Develop skills in listening, asking questions, resolving conflict, and giving feedback to employees.
- Develop a technique for giving employees clear instructions.
- Identify techniques to deal with employee challenges, such as hostility, complaints, and laziness.
- Understand the importance of developing good relationships with employees and peers.
Who is the course for
For people who are new supervisors or who are interested in a supervisory position, as well as those who are lead hands or part-time supervisors without a great deal of authority.
Making the Transition, Responsibilities of a Supervisor, Setting Goals, Planning for Success, Listening Skills, Asking Questions, Giving Feedback, Ask for What You Want, Giving Instructions, Orders, Requests, and Suggestions, Managing Conflict, Dealing with Difficult Employees, Dealing with Others, The Reciprocal Quality of Relationships
- Chris McDonagh, Senior Partner and Business Consultant with CMD Group is a much sought-after trainer and speaker in Ireland and the UK.
- His motivation and enthusiasm together with his high energy level brings life to a classroom and energises the learners. His real-life experiences coupled with his thorough knowledge of the subject matter ensures all learners will gain an abundance of skills that will transfer to the workplace.
- For the past 25 years he has built up a very successful training business in Ireland and the UK. His ability to reach out to everyone regardless of their position or status makes him a trainer of choice. Chris is a Director of the International Federation of Training & Development Organisations and represents Europe on the Board.