This workshop is designed to help participants overcome many of the supervisory problems they will encounter in their first few weeks as a boss. Dealing with the many problems a new supervisor encounters isn’t easy, but it doesn’t have to lead to discouragement.
Training Cancellation Policy: Registrants who cancel over 14 days in advance of scheduled training date shall incur no cancellation fee. Registrants who cancel within 14 days of scheduled training date shall incur a cancellation fee equal to 50% of the cost. Registrants who cancel within 24 hours or fail to attend training will be charged 100% of the full fee.
- Clarify roles and responsibilities of the new job.
- Adjust to the new role with confidence and an assurance you can handle the position.
- Develop skills in listening, asking questions, resolving conflict, and giving feedback to employees.
- Develop a technique for giving employees clear instructions.
- Identify techniques to deal with employee challenges, such as hostility, complaints, and laziness.
- Understand the importance of developing good relationships with employees and peers.
Who is the course for
This one-day workshop is for people who are new supervisors or who are interested in a supervisory position, as well as those who are lead hands or part-time supervisors without a great deal of authority.
- Making the Transition
- Responsibilities of a Supervisor
- Setting Goals
- Planning for Success
- Listening Skills
- Asking Questions
- Giving Feedback
- Ask for What You Want
- Giving Instructions
- Orders, Requests, and Suggestions
- Managing Conflict
- Dealing with Difficult Employees
- Dealing with Others
- The Reciprocal Quality of Relationships