This programme is designed to provide the learner with the skills and knowledge to fulfil their role as a safety representative; to promote and maintain safety and health in the context of the learner's workplace and to effectively represent employees on health and safety issues.
Training Cancellation Policy: Registrants who cancel over 14 days in advance of scheduled training date shall incur no cancellation fee. Registrants who cancel within 14 days of scheduled training date shall incur a cancellation fee equal to 50% of the cost. Registrants who cancel within 24 hours or fail to attend training will be charged 100% of the full fee.
- Describe the role, rights and function of the safety representative
• List core contents of our main health and safety legislation
• Describe the importance of the safety statement, hazard identification and risk assessment
• Explain the fire hazards, their sources and the requirement for fire prevention controls
• Outline the factors of accident causation, describe prevention strategies and policies
• Understand the concepts of safety, health and welfare promotion in the workplace
• Understand the communication process and effective participation in meetings
Who is the course for
Any employee requiring the skills and knowledge to fulfil their role as an employee safety representative.
• Role and Rights of Safety Representatives
• Health and Safety Legislation
• Role and Function of the Health and Safety Authority
• Safety Statements
• Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment
• Fire Hazards and Fire Prevention
• Occupational Health
• Accident Causation and Prevention Strategies
• Effective Communication and Meeting Participation
• Health and Safety Promotion in the Workplace