Start date: 27 April 2023
Duration: 5 days Blended 9.30am – 5.00pm
Location: Zoom & Safetech Training Letterkenny
Certificate: QQI Level 6
Book Now: Click Here
This Manual Handling Instructor course is a QQI Level 6 aimed at Business owners, Managers, Safety Specialists and other Management level employees. The course is designed to equip individuals with the knowledge, skills and competencies to deliver manual handling training.
Due to the practical elements this course will run as a blended learning event:
Day 1 Thursday April 27th - Online
Day 2 Thursday May 4th - Online
Day 3 Friday May 5th - Online
Day 4 Thursday May 11th – Classroom – Letterkenny (practical all day)
Day 5 Friday May 19th – Classroom – Letterkenny (submit assignment, practical assessment and theory assessment)
Training Cancellation Policy: Registrants who cancel over 14 days in advance of scheduled training date shall incur no cancellation fee. Registrants who cancel within 14 days of scheduled training date shall incur a cancellation fee equal to 50% of the cost. Registrants who cancel within 24 hours or fail to attend training will be charged 100% of the full fee.
- Assess the relative danger or safety of manual handling tasks
- Recommend preventive measures which can reduce the risk of injury.
- Lift and handle loads safely.
- Identify ergonomic risks and recommend control measures.
- Instruct others on the theory and techniques of safe manual handling.
Who is the course for
- Business owners
- Safety Professionals
- DAY 1 Legislative Requirements and MH management
- DAY 2 Anatomy and Back Care
- DAY 3 Ergonomic Principles and Risk Assessment
- DAY 4 Planning and Design of Manual Handling Training Programmes/Delivery of Manual Handling Training
- DAY 5 Assessments Assessment Practical and written assessments *Please note there will be at least 1 week between Day 4 and Day 5 of the programme to allow sufficient time for the self directed study associated with this programme.