Start date: 22 September 2021
Duration: 10.00am-1.00pm, Dates TBC (13 dates total)
Location: Zoom Online
Certificate: ILM Level 4 Diploma (equivalent to QQI Level 6)
Cost: Skillnet Subsidised - Members €1300 (50%), Non-Members €1,560 (40%). (Full Cost €2,600). Payable in installments
Book Now: Click Here
The Diploma in Leadership & Management is designed to enable is designed to enable experienced first line managers to develop the knowledge and skills to enter middle management roles. The program has a strong focus on leadership, and improving efficiency and effectiveness, and will help managers improve employee productivity and business performance.
Attendees will undertake the Harrison Assessment (20 mins online) with 1 x feedback session and 1 x coaching session. As part of Module 1, attendees will be mentored by a programme tutor and will develop a Professional Development Plan to work on throughout the programme. All attendees will have access to an e-learning portal for all online modules plus all handouts and slides for all workshops.
This course will be delivered completely through web-based learning and workshops through Zoom. Coaching and mentoring will also be done through Zoom. Throughout the duration of the programme, attendees will have access to tutor support through email, group chats and 1-1 sessions with their coach/mentor.
Assessment: Written assignment 2500 words for each module, applying theory in course work to the attendees' work context. Final presentation based on experience and learning to be presented on final day of programme.
Training Cancellation Policy: Registrants who cancel over 14 days in advance of scheduled training date shall incur no cancellation fee. Registrants who cancel within 14 days of scheduled training date shall incur a cancellation fee equal to 50% of the cost. Registrants who cancel within 24 hours or fail to attend training will be charged 100% of the full fee.
To enable experienced first line managers to develop the knowledge and skills to enter middle management roles. The program has a strong focus on leadership, and improving efficiency and effectiveness, and will help managers improve employee productivity and business performance.
Who is the course for
You will be working in a supervisor/junior management role with ambition to move into a more senior position. You may have no formal qualification in Leadership or Management but you have a good standard of education and business experience. You are eager to learn and grow personally and professionally and are you are fully aware of the commitment required to make this a success for you.
- Module 1 October 14th & 28th: Managing your continuing professional development
- Module 2 November 11th & 25th: Understanding the management role to improve management performance
- Module 3 December 9th & 23rd: Managing and implementing change in the workplace
- Module 4 January 13th & 27th: Developing people in the workplace
- Module 5 February 10th & 24th: Understanding good practice in workplace coaching
- Module 6 March 10th & 24th: Management communication
- Final date April 14th
- Chris McDonagh, Senior Partner and Business Consultant with CMD Group is a much sought-after trainer and speaker in Ireland and the UK.
- His motivation and enthusiasm together with his high energy level brings life to a classroom and energises the learners. His real-life experiences coupled with his thorough knowledge of the subject matter ensures all learners will gain an abundance of skills that will transfer to the workplace.
- For the past 25 years he has built up a very successful training business in Ireland and the UK. His ability to reach out to everyone regardless of their position or status makes him a trainer of choice. Chris is a Director of the International Federation of Training & Development Organisations and represents Europe on the Board.