THIS DATE IS FULLY BOOKED. SEE 'TRAINING PROGRAMMES' PAGE ON OUR WEBSITE FOR MORE DATES.
The Return to Work Safely Protocol published by the Department of Business, Enterprise and Innovation on 8th May recommends that all businesses nominate a ‘Covid-19 Designated Person’ in each place of work. This person is required to receive training for this role.
This course will provide an overview of the role, what is required of them and a list of safety considerations for the workplace, which they will have to implement, monitor, review and report on. Ideally, the training should be completed in advance of a return to work, as much of the role involves preparing the workplace for the return of staff, customers, contractors and visitors.
- Function and responsibilities as the designated person
- Health and Safety regulation, required documentation and risk assessments
- Key Control Measures – close working, hygiene, behaviours
- General site and wider considerations – process, general access, first aid responder guidance, management of meetings, etc
- Managing Visitors
- Procedure for suspected cases
Who is the course for
- Any person who has been appointed as the Covid-19 Designated Person for their place of work
- Zoom Online, 2 hour session with Q&A
Mary Finn, Connect4work.ie