Leadership is an important function of management which helps to maximize efficiency and to achieve organizational goals.
Leadership and management are the terms that are often considered synonymous. It is essential to understand that leadership is an essential part of effective management.
As a crucial component of management, remarkable leadership behaviour stresses upon building an environment in which each and every employee develops and excels.
Module 1: Model the Way
- Clarify values by finding your voice and affirming shared values.
- Set the example by aligning actions with shared values.
Module 2: Inspire a Shared Vision
- Envision the future by imagining exciting and enabling possibilities.
- Enlist others in a common vision by appealing to shared aspirations.
Module 3: Challenge the Process
- Search for opportunities by seizing the initiative and looking outward for innovative ways to improve.
- Experiment and take risks by consistently generating small wins and learning from experience.
Module 4: Enable Others to Act
- Foster collaboration by building trust and facilitating relationships.
- Strengthen others by increasing self-determination and developing competence.
Module 5: Encourage the heart
- Recognise contributions by showing appreciation for individual excellence.
- Celebrate the values and victories by creating a spirit of community.
The programme five modules based on “The Five Practices” will provide an operating system for what people are doing as leaders when they are at their best. Hundreds of studies have reported that “The Five Practices” make a positive difference in the engagement and performance of people and organisations.
You will successfully complete 5 short work-related assignments throughout the programme to gain your ITOL Certification.
Coaching Option - Additional Cost/Dates
All participants will have the opportunity to complete a Professional Leadership Profiling Assessment and receive one feedback session and two professional online coaching sessions.
- Access to and completion of online Professional Leadership Profiling Assessment – link will be forwarded by email to all participants.
- Running and interpretation of reports for each participant.
- 1 x feedback and 2 x coaching sessions per participant (1-1.5hrs allowed per session) – to be delivered throughout the course of the programme, for maximum learning and focused outcomes.
Programme Cost with Coaching: €799 to include:
- 10 Virtual Sessions.
- All handouts and notes.
- The Leadership Challenge Textbook.
- Membership of Institute of Training & Occupational Learning (1 year).
- Digital Certificate – “Professional Certificate in Leadership & Management” on successful completion of assignments.
- Professional Leadership Profiling Online Assessment (if option selected)
- 1 x Feedback Session (if option selected)
- 2 x coaching sessions (if option is selected)
*Coaching dates will be agreed upon booking.
- This Professional Certificate in Leadership & Management is based on “The Five Practices of Exemplary Leadership” as defined by James M. Kouzes & Barry Z. Posner. Their book “The Leadership Challenge” will be the textbook for the programme.
Completing this programme will enable you make a positive difference in your workplace and create a climate where people will turn challenges into successes.
Who is the course for
- Business Owners, Directors, Managers, Supervisors. Anyone in a business responsible for a team of people or contemplating undertaking a new role with responsibility and you want to improve business outcomes through effective people management.
Delivered through 10 three-hour online sessions over 5 months. Participants must have access to a PC or laptop for each session. Phones are not suitable! This is an interactive programme and participant are invited to get involved in discussions for better learning opportunities.
Module 1 9.30am to 12.30pm
February 7th & 21st
Module 2 9.30am to 12.30pm
March 6th & 20th
Module 3 9.30am to 12.30pm
April 10th & 24th
Module 4 9.30am to 12.30pm
May 8th & 22nd
Module 5 9.30am to 12.30pm
June 5th & 19th
Chris McDonagh, CMD Group
Chris’s training methodologies injects a blend of positive energy and vibrant experiences throughout his training sessions. As a trainer, facilitator, and speaker he infuses his sessions with sincerity, dynamism and humour urging learners to go the full distance in becoming the best they can be.
In his consultancy role Chris works with owners of SME enterprises in developing and growing their leadership and management teams through practical application.
Chris is currently a director and Chair Elect of IFTDO – The International Federation of Training & Development Organisations. Chris represents Europe on the Board.