Network Overview – What we do
Rural Enterprise Skillnet is a multi sector learning network for companies of all sizes in the North West.
Member companies work collaboratively to respond locally to skills needs within their businesses. The network supports regional development by helping local businesses to arrive at shared local solutions that are more accessible, more affordable and ultimately, more effective at meeting their needs. The network addresses both technical and non-technical skills needs across multiple sectors.
- Supporting Enterprise
- Subsidised Training
- Skills Development
- Source Trainers/Courses
The objective of the network is to support member companies to grow through the provision of relevant and flexible training. The network supports several sectors including agribusiness, forestry, construction, hospitality, retail and indigenous rural businesses located in the North West.
Enhancing management capacity, particularly in SMEs, is key priority for all Skillnet Ireland networks. In addition to the programmes our network delivers, Skillnet Ireland has a suite of Management Development Programmes available to help business owners and managers improve business performance and enable businesses achieve better results. Click here for more information on the Skillnet Ireland website.
RESTART – EMPOWER – SUPPORT
A FREE PROGRAMME FOR WOMEN
The programme is designed for women, age 35 plus who have been out of the workplace for 3-years plus for the development of new-job related skills. The participants will have taken a break from employment due to family, caring roles, illness, voluntary career break or a period of unemployment.
It will allow women to enhance their own skills and abilities, challenge what they know about the transferable skills they already have while building confidence, assertiveness to believe in themselves and their future. Gaining a road-map for their future whether that is in further training or in employment. Offering them an opportunity for a second chance in their career advancement.
- Support the emotional and confidence needed to succeed with the entire programme ahead.
- To encourage and assist women to become aware of their strengths and transferable skills. Build trust and confidence. Set goals.
- Acquire the knowledge and skills needed to restart a new employment or training phase in their life.
- Introduce women to new networks that will support them in their future plans.
- Return to education and/or return to work / new career.
- New confidence in their ability with a fresh outlook on life and career.
- Career guidance in the right direction (1-2-1 Coaching sessions).
- Ability to job search more effectively.
- Gain a professional CV and cover letter.
- Interview skills preparation.
- Action plan to move forward – Success!
Contact RES office directly for programme dates, you must give 100% commitment to attend on all these dates and be committed to the desired outcome.
The workshops are delivered through presentations, discussions, group work, question and answers, small group exercises, personal work and peer support and involvement throughout the session, ensuring opportunities for questions and clarification. Speakers invited include private enterprise, recruitment, back to education, women in business, mental health and a stylist.